• UPDATED 03/06/22 – In an effort to help you understand how we will evaluate your rental application, we have made a few updates to this application package. Please review everything carefully before submitting your application. Please click on the MORE tab, above, to print application. If you have any questions at all, please email: michelle@dwellNV.com Thank you!
• FAIR HOUSING – dwellNV strictly abides by the Federal Fair
Housing Act, Nevada Fair Housing Law and principles of equal opportunity. We open our doors to all, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, source of income, physical or mental disability, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
• IF YOU WISH TO SEE ONE OF OUR PROPERTIES – For security reasons, we always require registration and photo ID through our controlled-access lockbox system, or a fully-completed rental application, before we will schedule a property showing. Most of our properties now have controlled access lockboxes on them (while vacant), which will allow you to set up a showing via your smart phone.
• PET POLICY – dwellNV is a “pet friendly” property management company. We welcome pets, on approval, on a case-by-case basis. Whether you have a pet, a disability-related assistance animal, or no animals at all, please acknowledge our pet policies BEFORE submitting your application. The link to register your pets and/or acknowledge our policies is: https://dwellnv.petscreening.com
• AGENCY DISCLOSURE – You acknowledge you have received the attached “Duties Owed” by a Nevada Real Estate Licensee” form, and you further acknowledge your understanding that dwellNV represents the owner/s of the rental property.
• APPLICANTS – Each proposed occupant 18 years of age or older must complete a separate rental application. For your identity protection, we require ALL applications and supporting documents to be submitted electronically – via email to: michelle@dwellNV.com. Our application processing fee is $45 per application, and must be paid before we will begin review of your application.
This fee is non-refundable. If there is more than one applicant (CO-TENANTS), your application scores will be blended to arrive at a decision (see attached). All blanks must be filled in. If something doesn’t apply to you, please enter “N/A” in the space provided.
• FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED – We process rental applications on a first-come, first-served basis. In other words, if we accept your application/s for processing, that means it will either be approved or declined. You are not in competition with any other applicant. Your application/s either meet/s our qualifying criteria, or not. And, our qualifying criteria is attached, so you’ll know exactly how we will evaluate your application/s.
• YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR PROCESSING, UNLESS ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING APPLICATIONS FROM ALL CO-TENANTS. THE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED (PHOTO ID, PROOF OF INCOME, AND REGISTRATION CAN BE emailed to michelle@dwellNV.com , or sent via txt to 775-830-6036. Application fees (see above) must be paid before we will accept your application/s for processing.
• CREDIT CRITERIA – dwellNV will attempt to obtain a consumer credit report for each applicant. This report must be generated by dwellNV, and not the applicant. In addition to a credit report, we may also run a fraud search, eviction search, bad check search, national criminal database scan, and driver’s license verification.
We also may contact current and previous landlords, employers, and/or references provided by you. If you currently owe for unpaid utilities, or owe money to a former landlord, or have been evicted from a rental within the last five (5) years, your application will be denied.
• INCOME VERIFICATION – Proof of Income: Please provide us with copies of your last 2 paycheck stubs or a letter on company letterhead from your employer to verify income – this can be emailed to
michelle@dwellNV.com, or sent via text to 775-830-6036.
If you are self-employed, please provide a copy of last year’s income tax return and your last 3 months bank statements. Other income such as retirement, SIIS, child support, etc. must have reliable documentation if you wish us to consider it. If your combined income (for all applicants) is less than three (3) times the monthly rent, you will be required to pay a minimum of 2x the advertised security deposit on the property.
• IDENTIFICATION – Photo identification is required. Please provide us with a copy of your driver’s license, or government-issued photo ID. This can be emailed tomichelle@dwellNV.com, or sent via text to 775-830-6036.
• NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS – The maximum number of occupants allowed in our rental properties is 3 persons per bedroom. Example: 1-bedroom unit will accept 3 occupants, 2-bedroom unit will accept 6 occupants, etc.
• SMOKING POLICY – All of our rental properties are non-smoking properties. No smoking of tobacco, herbal, or other products is permitted inside any of our rental homes or garages.
• PETS – Most of our properties will consider pets, on approval by owner, on a case-by-case basis. The final decision as to whether to approve your pet(s) is always the property owner’s. Your security deposit will be increased by $500 (refundable) for each approved pet.
We require all prospective renters (even if you don’t have pets) to register and acknowledge our pet policies. https://dwellnv.petscreening.com
• RENT PRORATION – All rents are prorated to become due on the first (1st) day of each month. Leases that commence after the 15th day of the month will require the full payment of both the first month’s rent and the pro-rated second month’s rent at the time of move-in, in addition to the security deposit.
• CRIMINAL HISTORY – We abide by principles of equal opportunity, and welcome all responsible renters into our homes. If you have been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years involving drug manufacture or sales, or a violent crime (such as murder, rape, and arson), your application to rent will be denied. You will have the right to appeal any decision we make in this regard, by providing additional information within 14 days of the day your application is denied. However, we will not hold a rental property for you, pending appeal. If we reconsider and approve your application, it will be 1st in line for our next available rental property.
• FALSE INFORMATION – If any information provided on your application proves to be false or misleading, your application will be denied. If you have already entered into a rental agreement on the property when we discover that you’ve provided false information, you will be subject to immediate eviction from the premises.
• HOW AND WHEN DO WE DECIDE? – We process rental applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
(IMPORTANT: Until we have complete applications for all proposed residents aged 18 or older, plus all required back-up documents (ID, proof of income, registration and acknowledgement of our pet policies, plus the application processing fee), your application/s will not be considered first in line for processing.) It usually takes no more than a day or two to process rental applications, once we have all required documents. Please see the attached for a copy of the rating system we use to score your application. Your application/s will be approved or denied, and we will notify you of the outcome. You will never be in competition with another applicant for one of our rental homes.
• ONCE YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED – In order to secure your position as the approved tenant for the home, you must sign a lease agreement and pay the security deposit within three (3) days of the day we notify you that your application/s has/have been approved. If the home is vacant at the time you apply to rent, you will be required to take possession of the property within fourteen (14) days of lease signing.
Should you fail to comply with these deadlines, the property will be offered to other qualified applicants.
• Thank you for considering renting a home from dwellNV. If you have any questions about completing your application, please call our office at 775-830-6036 or email Michelle@dwellNV.com.